CA Numbers


The California Highway Patrol has strict requirements regarding the Motor Vehicle Permit, which involve placing your name and CA number on all tractors and most medium and larger sized Bobtail Trucks, as well as PICKUP TRUCKS used for commercial purposes with a GVW of 10,001 pounds.


Click here to go to the DMV motor carrier website

Rules & Requirements Regarding Motor Carrier Permits

Information about Motor Carrier Permits

PDF file of pertinent Motor Carrier Permit and CA number regulations(Click here to print out)

CHP link to obtain the CA number

CHP Form to fill out for CA number (pdf file download)

We know the requirements, and can provide you with your name and CA number decals for your cab doors to keep you legal. We can also put your logo on your cab doors. We even offer striping for your cabs, if you want to add some design elements to your truck.


USDOT Numbers


There have been some changes in the regulations for USDOT numbers. Apparently the latest regulation (2006) no longer requires the inclusion of your city and state information on the vehicle. However, you are still obliged to have the correct company name on the vehicle. There are also some requirements for those with ICC numbers to add USDOT numbers to their vehicles. To see the regulations online, go to

The Federal Motor Carrier Governmental Website - click here